Last night (22 July 2008), I attended a program (a talk actually) organized by Guidance Group, IIUM. The program was entitled Emotional Well Being – Shyness: The Silent Killer. Obviously, as the title said, it was all about the tips and tricks on how to overcome your shyness. Being one who present yesterday (I went there with my sidekick, Bro. Syed Amir Akmal), here I would like to share with you some of the tips and tricks revealed by the speaker on how to overcome shyness.
Some tips are;
- Figure out what makes you shy
- Build you self-confidence
- Get comfortable with the surroundings
- Maintain close bonds with your friends
- Laugh! (Yup, I’m not joking!)
- Smile! =)
- Set goals for yourself
- Make a list of situations that you feel anxious
- Start with something you confident to do
- Practice good posture and speaking clearly
- Make you friends
- Change negative statements to a positive one’s. Some examples: Instead problem, call it as challenges. Instead saying I cannot, say I will try!